Teaser Tuesdays (8/23)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers:

Claudia loosened her arm and stepped back beside Jared.  She saw how Finn gave her one glance; then he drew himself up and marched one, on hand on his sword.  She followed, wondering with terrors of the Prison had taught him such cold bravado.

~p. 107, “Sapphique” by Catherine Fisher
[Paperback – ARC]

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

1. I like the sound of that teaser! Thanks for sharing!

My Teaser can be found here.

• TBM on August 23rd, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Oooo…I love it. Sad and intriguing.

Here’s mine:

1. Can’t wait to finish the book, lol. Thanks for dropping in. 😀

• Kristin on August 23rd, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I haven’t read this one yet, but want to.

My Tuesday Teaser

Kristin @ Better Read Than

Dead

1. Thanks for the visit.

2. Maybe she really wouldn’t want to know the secrets of the Prison — great teaser. Love the cover!
    Thanks for stopping by!

1. No one wants to know that, especially those within… 😉 Thanks for the visit.

3. Great teaser.

• Violette on August 23rd, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Oh! Love this teaser! Also, the cover art is pretty awesome, as well!!!

• Cecelia on August 23rd, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Cold bravado, eh? Sound like those were some trials, indeed. Nice teaser!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

4. It sounds like a very interesting teaser!

5. Sounds like there’s some broken characters here. I hope you’re enjoying it. Thanks for checking mine out 🙂

6. Sapphique has such a beautiful cover, it’s been on my wish list forever. Nice teaser, although definitely sort of sad!

April @ My Shelf Confessions: Teaser Tuesday

1. Agreed and agreed. I wanted this book and managed to win it! I was so happy (my kids thought I was nutz). Thanks for the visit.

7. Sad teaser … sounds like it might be an intriguing read.

8. I have this book sitting on my shelf collecting dust, definitely need to get to it soon. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my teaser today.

9. You’ve made me curious about this book. Nice!

Thanks for stopping by my tease.

• Cristina on August 24th, 2011 at 1:51 am

Sad but intriguing teaser. Good choice.

1. Thanks Cristina and thanks for the visit. 🙂

10. I realized I missed Finn and Claudia 🙁 I’ve read Incarceron a long time ago… I didn’t like it that much but it’s full of action and suspense. Are you loving Sapphique? It’s on my TBR list but I’m not sure when to read it… I’m kinda hesitant… I hope you’re enjoying it. I want Finn and Claudia to be together ;P

~April @books4juliet

• Linds on August 25th, 2011 at 1:36 am

Awesome teaser! New follower on here and facebook!

1. TY 🙂 Hope you visit again soon.