Aug 16

Teaser Tuesday (8/16/11)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers:

She gnawed the bitten nails on her fingers.  It had been a deadly mistake.  She should never, never have said that.

~p. 141, “Incarceron” by Catherine Fisher
[Paperback – 978-0-14-241852-9]

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

1. that’s just thrilling!! I need to get my hands on this book!

My teaser this week is from ‘Deep Trouble’ by Mary Connealy.

1. I won my copy… I’m sure there’s a copy out there just waiting for you!

• TBM on August 16th, 2011 at 8:10 am

Awesome!

Here’s mine:

2. Fascinating! Thanks for sharing…and for visiting my blog.

• kyanara on August 16th, 2011 at 8:44 am

Interesting teaser!
    Thnx for stopping by my blog today!
    Have a wonderfull tuesday
    Kyanara

3. You got me interested. I just went and looked it up, it’s going on my TBR now. Thanks!

1. Glad to be of service! I am loving the book so far 🙂

• Trish on August 16th, 2011 at 9:08 am

hmmm…said what?! now I want to know!

TRISH
    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday Post

• Jennifer on August 16th, 2011 at 9:10 am

Now this is a teaser. I wonder what she said.
    MY TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-how-to-love-an-american-man.html

• Ren on August 16th, 2011 at 9:18 am

I’m adding this to my sticky note right now.
    Thanks for the visit!

• Jessica on August 16th, 2011 at 9:21 am

Thanks for visiting mine and now I’m wondering what she said.

• Kristin on August 16th, 2011 at 9:32 am

Hey Aine,

I am so glad you stopped by my TT. I have been trying to decide whether to read Incarceron or not. I may actually have to do it soon.

Here’s my TT

Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

1. Hi Kristin,

🙂 I am loving this book! I will be posting a review this Saturday for it and next week should have it’s sequel, Sapphique.

• kim on August 16th, 2011 at 9:55 am

Interesting cover! And now I’m wondering what it was she said!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

4. Now I want to know what she said.

– Alice

• Cristina on August 16th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Sounds intense! Great teaser.
    My TT http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

5. That teaser could be a scene from my everyday life.

Here’s mine from HOW TO ROCK BRACES and GLASSES:

• Jackie on August 16th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

This was a great Teaser! I’m defnitely going to be reading this at some point.

6. I heard this book is going to be made into a movie, so I really have to get a copy and read this. I hear its really good. Thanks for visiting my blog!

1. I’ve heard the same thing… in fact here’s the IMDB for Incarceron – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1610486/

• Jessica@a GREAT read on August 16th, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Great teaser!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Have a <a href="GREAT day!

• Yvonne on August 16th, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Interesting teaser! I want to know what she said too.

• Jenny Q on August 16th, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I enjoyed this book, though not as much as I’d hoped to. Thanks for visiting my teaser today 🙂

1. It’s an interesting read but I can easily see that some readers would not click with the nitch this falls into… thankfully for me I happen to love anachronistic themes like this. 🙂

7. Nice om and great teaser. Incarceron is loved by many … maybe it’s time I find out why 🙂

1. TY on the Ohm!
      I had (sadly) not heard of it until recently but am loving it! Thanks for the visit.

8. What an awful tease you are! LOL I’m so, so curious to find out more about this book now.

1. Oh, the comments I could make… but I’ll be a good girl ;;)

Thanks for the visit!

• Rebecca on August 17th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

That’s some teaser! Definitely a good one. I haven’t seen this book, I think. Well, not much at least. Seems good based on teaser and cover, though. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by!